Remember when we were little and would spend our summer days splashing around in the pool with our best friends, equipped with arm floaties and all? When your parents finally drug you out of the pool, nothing helped cool you off quite like a mouthwatering root beer float. Well, if we’re being honest, not much has changed as adults. We may have traded in the public pool for beach houses and our arm floaties for pool loungers, but root beer floats are just as delicious (especially when they pack a little punch.)
During your next weekend get-together, break out these Adult Root Beer Floats. Your friends will enjoy a blast from the past, and the novelty of the Adult Root Beer Floats is a nice change of pace. If you haven’t tried “Not Your Father’s Root Beer” yet, you will be amazed at how much this craft beer actually tastes like real root beer. It’s great for summer sipping, but naturally, everything’s better when you add ice cream.
- "Not Your Father's Root Beer" by Small Town Brewery
- Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
- Whipped Cream
- Sprinkle of Cinnamon
- Maraschino Cherries
- Scoop the desired amount of vanilla bean ice cream into a glass.
- Pour "Not Your Father's Root Beer" over ice cream until glass is full.
- Add a dollop of whipped cream.
- Sprinkle with a dash of cinnamon.
- Top off with marashino cherries and/or other toppings as desired.
This recipe for Adult Root Beer Floats, is probably one of the simplest you’ll ever find on DakotaChic.(Which makes it even better, in my personal opinion.) Sip & relax!