I teamed up with Evolve Fitness and my personal trainer, Brook VerMeer, to round up some of the best fitness necessities to gift to your fitness-focused friends this holiday season. A lot of you may know that within the last year, I started working out for the FIRST time in my life. Lucky for me, I found an incredible gym and an awesome trainer to help me start my fitness journey. (You can read more about my experience with Evolve Fitness here.)
What I love about this gift guide is that it features a number of practical gifts at a variety of price points, with many options under $50. You can also use this guide a “starter kit” if you want to kick-off the new year with a new you.
Top 12 Fitness Holiday Gifts
1. Landon Carryall from Dagne Dover: This gym bag is stylish, sleek and from one of my favorite brands. (Here’s a review on my Legend Tote from Dagne Dover.) It also comes in a variety of sizes to fit your needs. I live close to my gym, which means I don’t have to shower there or get ready, so a small gym bag suits my needs perfectly.
2. Fast & Free Full Length Tight from Lululemon: The best leggings for the gym are tight, stay in place whether you’re doing burpees or running on the treadmill, and feature pockets to stash your phone or locker key. These are Brook’s pick for gym leggings. As a gym owner and personal trainer, Brook lives in her Lulu’s and swears by them.
3. Fitbook Fitness Tracker & Food Journal: This is another of Brook’s recommendations. When it comes to dieting and fitness, Brook recommend tracking macros to help achieve your goals, and this book is designed to help you stay on track.
4. Salutation Stash Pocket Tight in Powervita from Athleta: These are my favorite. I love my Athleta leggings and would wear them everywhere if I could.
5. 25 oz. White Marble Bottle from S’well: My 25 oz S’well water bottle is with me everywhere I go. I try to drink about 100 ounces of water a day, and having a dedicated water bottle really helps me reach my hydration target. It’s great at my desk or at the gym.
6. Polar H10 Heart Rate Sensor: If you’re focused on fat-burning or trying HIIT (High-Intensity Interview Training) workouts, this heart rate sensor will be your best friend. Even with my Apple Watch, I was having a hard time accurately calculating my heart rate and calories burned. The heart rate sensor will sync to a Polar Watch or you can monitor your heart rate through an app on your phone (which is what I do.) I never workout without it, and I wear a size XS-S band.
7. Nike Air Zoom Pegasus: These are Brook’s favorite workout sneakers. We do a lot of cross training, and they’re versatile for running, interval training or lifting. And very cute to boot.
8. Polar A370 Fitness Tracker: Brook and countless others in the fitness community rely on the Polar Fitness Tracker watches for their workouts. This is the watch that also pairs with the Polar Heart Sensor that’s mentioned above. And it’s at a much better price point than an Apple Watch is. I personally don’t have one yet, but I definitely have my eye on one.
9. Sling Shot Hip Circle: This one is a booty burner, and will help you maximize countless workout moves without any special equipment or machines.
10. 321 STRONG Foam Roller: You’re going to need this after the booty burner Hip Circle workout. Essential for recovery.
11. Motorola VerveLoop Wireless Ear Buds: You’ll see a lot of people recommending the Beats ear buds, but they’re technically not waterproof. Why risk damaging something so expensive just for a workout? These much less expensive Motorola Wireless Ear Buds more than get the job done, and are sweat and water resistant.
12. Knockout by Victoria Sport Pocket Tight: Because I can’t afford to buy only Lulu or Athleta gym wear, I have a number of leggings from Victoria’s Secret’s sport line. Their Knockout Pocket Tight is at a great price point, and you can typically score a deal on them. I recently purchased two pairs of this particular tight, and I really like them. You’re not sacrificing quality for price with these ones.