It’s been a little too long since I’ve shared a recipe with all of you. Turns out you don’t have much time to spend in the kitchen when you’re redoing your basement. I am almost too embarrassed to admit how many pizza boxes piled up in our kitchen during the month of the December. Luckily for my husband (and my waistline), we’re finally returning to some semblance of normalcy around here and I’ve been able to get back into the kitchen cooking up our favorites, like this Smokey Slow Cooker Chili.
I really hate to brag or anything, buuuuuut since that’s basically what blogging is all about…I have to tell you this Smokey Slow Cooker Chili recipe has received it’s fair share of compliments over the last couple of years. It’s the perfect recipe for chilly (or shall I say chili?) winter nights, and it’s even become a tailgating/ game day staple in our house. Throw it in the slow cooker, leave it and forget it. Although to be fair, the savory, smokey aroma will make it hard to forget for too long. Even if you didn’t have time to plan ahead with the slow cooker, it takes less than 30-minutes to throw everything together in a pot.
This chili recipe combines a few unexpected ingredients that sets it apart from other chili recipes. Not every chili recipe features protein-packed garbanzo beans or shredded carrots, but once you start adding them to your chili, you’ll never go back. However, the real secret to this chili has to do with the smoked paprika. It adds a rich, smokey flavor that is unlike anything you’ve ever experienced in a bowl of chili.
For Easy Pinning:
Smokey Slow Cooker Chili Recipe
- 1 Pound Ground Beef
- 1/2 White Onion, Chopped
- 1 15-Ounce Can Chili Ready Diced Tomatoes
- 1 15-Ounce Can Crushed Tomatoes in Puree
- 1 15-Ounce Can Chili Beans
- 1 15-Ounce Can Garbanzo Beans, drained
- 1/2 Cup Beef or Vegetable Stock
- 1 Cup Shredded Carrots
- 2 Cloves Fresh Garlic
- 1/2 Tablespoon Chili Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Smokey Paprika
- Pepper to Taste
- Sour Cream, Shredded Cheddar Cheese and Chopped Chives for garnish
- Brown ground beef.
- Chop onion.
- Mix all ingredients together in slow cooker or pot until warm.
- Garnish with your favorite chili toppings, like sour cream, cheddar cheese and chopped chives.