I don’t know about you, but I’ve been avoiding every back to school and fall clothing display possible. Boots?! Who can fathom the idea of boots in 90-degree weather? We only get to bask in the hot and glorious sunshine for a few short months in the Midwest, and I for one, intend to relish every last moment. And that’s where these amazing Strawberry Basil Champagne Pops come in. Who’s with me?!
What’s better than popsicles in the summer? I can think of a very abbreviated list of things. What’s better than popsicles with champagne in them? Absolutely nothing.
The recipe for champagne pops is really as flexible as you want it to be. You can use any kind of fruit and any kind of champagne. (Yes, I technically used sparkling wine in this post, and that’s okay too.) I made a few batches with a variety of fruits, but for this post, I’m highlighting the Strawberry Basil Champagne Pop because it’s so irresistibly fresh and tasty.
- 1 Bottle Champagne
- 1 Cup Water
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Strawberries, Cut into small pieces
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Bail, Cut into small pieces
- Fill each popsicle mold about 2/3 full with champagne.
- Add a splash of water to each popsicle mold, until each is about 3/4 full of liquid. I found that adding water helps the popsicles set up and retain their shape better.
- Place champagne pops in freezer for about 45-60 minutes, until the champagne begins to gel.
- Once the popsicle begin to set up, but aren't fully frozen, drop in the strawberries and basil pieces. (I used a popsicle stick to the guide the placement.)
- Add popsicle sticks to each mold, and place in the freezer for about 2 hours or until the champagne pops are completely frozen.
- When removing the popsicles from the mold, I found it helpful to dip the popsicle tray in the sink with warm water for a few seconds. They came out much easier, without breaking.
In This Post:
Popsicle Tray from World Market | Set of Ramekins from World Market | Juame Serra Cristalino Rosé from World Market | Floral Napkin from World Market (no longer online), but similar here.
By now, you may have realized that I
like adore World Market… just a liiittle. They have the best kitchen items, home decor, and the most incredible wine selection. Which means it’s pretty much impossible for me to resist. I definitely recommend shopping here if you haven’t yet, you won’t be disappointed.