Brunch, lunch, apps, snacks… there is literally not a time of the day when avocado toast isn’t the answer. There are a million different ways to make avocado toast, but I love to make mine with watermelon radishes. Watermelon radishes are basically the same as regular radishes, just a lot more colorful, making them the perfect choice for salads, garnishes and of course, avocado toast. However, if you don’t have access to watermelon radishes, you can just use regular, and they will still taste just as fabulous!
The other great thing about this watermelon avocado toast recipe is it’s so simple, quick and tastes just as impressive as it looks. I also normally like to sprinkle some microgreens on top, but I wasn’t able to find any at Hy-Vee, so my pretty little avocado toasts are pictured sans-microgreens.
- 1 French Baguette
- 4 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Garlic Salt
- 1 Avocado
- 1 Watermelon Radish
- 4 Tbsp Cotija Cheese, Grated
- Black Pepper & Sea Salt to Taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Slice the baguette into 1 inch slices and place on a baking sheet. Brush with olive oil and sprinkle black pepper and sea salt to taste on the baguette slices.
- Bake for 7 minutes.
- While the toasts are baking, mash up the avocado into a spread. Add garlic salt.
- Grate cotija cheese.
- Slice the watermelon radish into rounds. You can julienne some of the slices for visual variety.
- Once the baguette slices are done baking, spread the mashed avocado onto the toasts.
- Sprinkle the cheese, add the radishes, micogreens, black pepper and sea sealt.